Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Blogs vs Forums, which is better for SEO?

Threads: 77

Credit: 0 RLP
Google loves new content and you get plenty of that with a forum as content is updated almost hourly.  However, there are many blogs which also dominate Google search, due to the longer wiki style content that gets shared around the internet.  Maybe the ideal solution would be to install a forum on your Wordpress blog, such as in a subfolder, so your blog can benefit from the fresh infusion of content that you get from the forum.  This would be especially good if you only update your blog once a week.  

What's your opinion as to which is better for your SEO or for attracting a good audience to your site?

04-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Find Reply
Lifetime VIP
VIP

Threads: 41

Credit: 83 RLP
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2014, 09:13 PM by dreemz.)
Hi, yes you are right that a blog with forum is a good choice. A blog owner must have to decide which is his/her focus area? Does he love writing and only want the forum to be the supporting side of the blog. Or he really likes the community engagement. But if his only moto is to earn money then he could try auto blogging with multiple site. Some of my site are also get benefited from auto blogging.
But if we have to chose between blog and forum for seo purpose. I will definitely go with forumWink

[Image: 14HrPSG.gif]
04-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Find Reply
Moderators

Threads: 61

Credit: 18.6 RLP
My vote goes to forum. You made a good point Beverly forum updates frequently. And forum rank quite fast compared to blog. Though It is my personal perception onlyRolleyes

If password needed : Use the default password i.e : reallifeplus.org
04-25-2014, 09:19 PM
Find Reply
Administrator
Administrators

Threads: 502

Credit: 349.2 RLP
Hi, I often see the blog that really ranks are updates daily. The main problem with blog according to me is to convince the audience. There are many great blogs and they have already a very huge fans and audience base and almost all topics are covered by them.
So for a new blogger it is very difficult to generate quality and demanding contents.So there is always contents overlapping. As a consequence users lost interest to those blogs and start spamming. If your blog is an established one then you may not have any problem. But for new blog its really hard .

To unlock hidden content You need to get RLP credit .. Click on credit On top to know about earning credit
04-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Website Find Reply

Threads: 77

(04-25-2014, 09:41 PM)RealLifePlus Wrote:
Hidden Content:
You must reply to see links
Hi, I often see the blog that really ranks are updates daily. The main problem with blog according to me is to convince the audience. There are many great blogs and they have already a very huge fans and audience base and almost all topics are covered by them.
So for a new blogger it is very difficult to generate quality and demanding contents.So there is always contents overlapping. As a consequence users lost interest to those blogs and start spamming. If your blog is an established one then you may not have any problem. But for new blog its really hard .

With both blogs and forums, it's tough to compete in a really crowded niche. You really need to have a unique voice and be able to talk about things in your niche that others aren't.

05-05-2014, 01:53 AM
Find Reply
Lifetime VIP
VIP

Threads: 12

speaking of forums: is there a forum creation course out there or maybe a good script available on here?

08-04-2014, 11:06 PM
Find Reply
Elite Member
Elite Member

Threads: 36

Credit: 57.2 RLP
Forum creation course is every where .. U can find in rlp also...
It's all about managing forum .. Creation is easy but management is difficult..haha

[Image: LfbWFJs.gif]
06-26-2015, 10:04 PM
Find Reply