Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do you like being a webmaster on a site?

Threads: 77

Credit: 0 RLP
As a webmaster, I always spent a few hours on my site daily, fixing broken links, tweaking the layout or adding new articles and content that would help my readers.  Being a webmaster was really one of the most fun jobs I ever had as it gave me a real sense of accomplishment and time invested was well worth it. 

05-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Find Reply
Administrator
Administrators

Threads: 503

Credit: 352.2 RLP
You are very true. But its really very difficult to be the woner and admin at the same time. Its really hard to manage everything. But as you say everything you like Is fun doing for you, How much difficult it maybe.Big Grin

To unlock hidden content You need to get RLP credit .. Click on credit On top to know about earning credit
05-08-2014, 11:30 PM
Website Find Reply

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2014, 02:37 AM by Beverly.)
(05-08-2014, 11:30 PM)RealLifePlus Wrote:
Hidden Content:
You must reply to see links
You are very true. But its really very difficult to be the woner and admin at the same time. Its really hard to manage everything. But as you say everything you like Is fun doing for you, How much difficult it maybe.Big Grin

Back when I owned a static website (versus a blog or forum), I had so much more free time.  Back then, my daughter was a baby and took more naps so during the daytime I had plenty of free time to fix up my website and it was so much fun.  Now that she is older and more active, we spend more time together and in addition to family time, my time is also devoted to work and writing and other projects, so not as much free time for a site.  As a forum owner, I really miss having a reliable admin.  Since my last admin got sick and quit, I have been struggling alone with the job and as you say it's very difficult sometimes.  Still, I enjoy all aspects of being a webmaster as it gives me great creative freedom to express myself in my own place online.  

05-09-2014, 02:36 AM
Find Reply
Lifetime VIP
VIP

Threads: 17

I also had a forum on seo marketing?nn. I just loved to spend time there. But with time it became very difficult to manage forum along with family and works. As I believe unless the forum is very active the webmaster has to be an active part of the forum otherwise the members loose interest and the forum became dormant as in my case it happened

Hidden Content:
05-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Find Reply

(05-09-2014, 12:53 PM)Gonzo Wrote:
Hidden Content:
I also had a forum on seo marketing?nn. I just loved to spend time there. But with time it became very difficult to manage forum along with family and works. As I believe unless the forum is very active the webmaster has to be an active part of the forum otherwise the members loose interest and the forum became dormant as in my case it happened

Most forums are a labor of love and once you fall out of love with the site (either due to boredom or simply lack of time), you will find that your forum members start to drift away.  

05-16-2014, 10:33 AM
Find Reply