Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Does it really matter what forum software that you use?

Threads: 77

Credit: 0 RLP
Some people claim that Xenforo is the only forum software to use if you are serious about earning money. However, there are really good forums on SMF, MyBB and even phpBB free software platform that earn money and are highly popular. Maybe the real key to a good forum is not the software that it's on, but the community and strong staff/admin who keeps the forum going strong. What do you think?

05-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Find Reply
Lifetime VIP
VIP

Threads: 17

Yes exactly. I do not think forum software has any impact what so ever. Actually you can create an excellent forum even with free software like mybb. You have several mods that can give your forum a better looks and usability. So forum software is really immaterial to me. Most important for any forum is community management . If your community is more engaged that's  the biggest and most necessary thing to me

Hidden Content:
You must reply to see links
05-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Find Reply

Threads: 77

(05-16-2014, 08:24 PM)Gonzo Wrote:
Hidden Content:
You must reply to see links
Yes exactly. I do not think forum software has any impact what so ever. Actually you can create an excellent forum even with free software like mybb. You have several mods that can give your forum a better looks and usability. So forum software is really immaterial to me. Most important for any forum is community management . If your community is more engaged that's  the biggest and most necessary thing to me

I love the look of MyBB forums.  They are very sleek and functional and have many great mods available.  

And, for all the people converting to Xenforo and other paid forum software, there are still many great forums online that only use free forum software.

The important thing is the strong community and forum management and how everyone works together to create a wonderful home online that everyone can enjoy.  

05-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Find Reply