Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How did you come up with your site name?

Threads: 77

Credit: 0 RLP
Most times, when I'm starting a website, whether a blog or forum, I will compile a long list of possible domain names that I want.  Sometimes, my chosen name is not available but with a little alteration works.  Other times, I get an inspiration when visiting a favorite site.  My best domain or site names usually come from a twist of a phrase, such as taking a common phrase and making it new somehow.  

How do you come up with your site name? 

05-05-2014, 02:03 AM
Find Reply
Administrator
Administrators

Threads: 502

Credit: 349.2 RLP
If you ask me I really looking for high PR domain. I dig into expiredomain.net and dig for high pr domain . I do believe unique and stand alone domain name is one of the way to attract visitors. It may be good or ugly.
Say for example 'craigslist' . Does any one thing it has anything to do with classified ads. I do not think so. Even this name is seems ugly to me. But it is unique.

I also agree with you brain storming for domain name is a good idea. But It;s very important what is your intention? building a community or making money. If making money is your motto then even french niche can work best for you

To unlock hidden content You need to get RLP credit .. Click on credit On top to know about earning credit
05-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Website Find Reply

Threads: 7

I always lookout for domain that seems appealing to the visitors. If it is appealing then visited would always like to click on the domain name

05-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Find Reply

(05-05-2014, 02:31 AM)RealLifePlus Wrote:
Hidden Content:
You must reply to see links
If you ask me I really looking for high PR domain. I dig into expiredomain.net and dig for high pr domain . I do believe unique and stand alone domain name is one of the way to attract visitors. It may be good or ugly.
Say for example 'craigslist' . Does any one thing it has anything to do with classified ads. I do not think so. Even this name is seems ugly to me. But it is unique.

Also, I'm wondering if the site was ever really started by a guy named Craig as that is a real possibility.  Anyway, another famous site, Angie's list took their inspiration from Craig's list, so maybe it's not such a bad name. 

05-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Find Reply
Administrator
Administrators

Threads: 502

Credit: 349.2 RLP
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2014, 11:26 PM by RealLifePlus.)
(05-08-2014, 11:15 PM)Beverly Wrote:
Hidden Content:
(05-05-2014, 02:31 AM)RealLifePlus Wrote:
Hidden Content:

Also, I'm wondering if the site was ever really started by a guy named Craig as that is a real possibility.  Anyway, another famous site, Angie's list took their inspiration from Craig's list, so maybe it's not such a bad name. 

Great I must see the site Angie's list. Lets checkout what  Angie's can do. S3d_sm_mix_71

To unlock hidden content You need to get RLP credit .. Click on credit On top to know about earning credit
05-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Website Find Reply

(05-08-2014, 11:26 PM)RealLifePlus Wrote:
Hidden Content:
Great I must see the site Angie's list. Lets checkout what  Angie's can do. S3d_sm_mix_71

Angie's List is supposed to be one of the best sites for reviews of local services such as plumbers and contractors and all kinds of useful services you might need for the home.  They advertise Angie's List a lot on our local television.  And, if I ever need a local service, that is the site I will be using to find a qualified person for the job. Smile

05-16-2014, 05:23 AM
Find Reply