Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Will you buy a .com top level domain?

Threads: 77

Credit: 0 RLP
I've purchased several domains with .com extension but also a few with the .us extension as well as .biz. Though lately, I like the .me domain extension as there are more niche uses available. What are your thoughts on buying a .com top level domain versus buying one that has an extension such as .biz or .me?  

05-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Find Reply
Lifetime VIP
VIP

Threads: 17

I think .com domain has its own popularity. Like if you look around most biggest sites either have .com or .org extension. It is very easy to deal with .com domain. Like if a site on pets then in natural sense people would type pets.com
People will not certainly type pets.me for finding pets related staff. .com,.org are the top level domains. So websites credibility is always linked to those domains. Like people always look a .org domain as non profit one. So a charity site or or even govt site has .org domain as it always bring credibility to the site.
But for seo purpose I really think that domain extension does not have any impact. I find many .biz domain at the first page of Google.

Hidden Content:
You must reply to see links
05-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Find Reply

Threads: 77

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2014, 04:26 PM by Beverly.)
(05-16-2014, 08:32 PM)Gonzo Wrote:
Hidden Content:
You must reply to see links
I think .com domain has its own popularity. Like if you look around most biggest sites either have .com or .org extension. It is very easy to deal with .com domain. Like if a site on pets then in natural sense people would type pets.com
People will not certainly type pets.me for finding pets related staff. .com,.org are the top level domains. So websites credibility is always linked to those domains. Like people always look a .org domain as non profit one. So a charity site or or even govt site has .org domain as it always bring credibility to the site.
But for seo purpose I really think that domain extension does not have any impact. I find many .biz domain at the first page of Google.
So long as the content is good on a site, then Google will love it. Though the site should be updated regularly.  More than anything, I'm thinking of  using a .me extension just for branding purposes, such as for my own personal blogs.  There might be other fun extensions that I would consider depending on whether or not the site is niche related. 

05-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Find Reply

Threads: 3

most of the time I cannot find a .com domain that I like. So I go for the next best thing, either a .org or a .net. Currently I am keeping 2 .net domains. 

06-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Find Reply